10 Reasons to Invest in the Right Contractor
1. The Final Finished LookConsider the importance of budgeting a sensible figure to give your home a final finished or improved look. The type of products to be used, their proper application, and the ability for that Contractor to provide a quality finished product will most often impact your ultimate happiness in the money you will be or have already invested in Special Textures, Drywall, Trim, Built-In’s, Windows and improvements in general. In most cases, especially with Custom Homes, Painting is not just painting!
2. Peace of Mind & WarrantyIs your Painter Contractor Registered with the State and does he or she have a Certificate of Good Standing on file? (A State Law as of Oct. 2007). Does your Painter Contractor have a full line of Workers Comp. and Liability Insurance w/ adequate limits? Have you verified or called the agent to ensure it is an active policy. Inadequate or Compromised Insurance will affect the Price of a Bid! A Viable Warranty should be detailed and last a reasonable amount of time. – 1-2 years on Interiors and 3-4 years on Exteriors. Warranties that go well beyond Industry Avg. should be viewed with skepticism at best.
3. On-Site and Field SupervisionBe sure that your Contractor will have a qualified Person working with you to ensure quality standards are meeting everyone’s expectations.
4. Experience & Quality of PeopleVerify that your contractor has the experience and the expertise to produce the end result you desire.
5. CredentialsLook beyond Contractor supplied references; no one is going to give you a reference list that isn’t positive. Can the Contractor show customer surveys or letters that prove a track record. Check with independent third party agencies and look for Contractors that have been recognized for consistent levels of superior performance or service.
6. Professional AffiliationsMake sure the Contractor you choose belongs to Professional organizations such as the PDCA (Painter Decorator Contractors of America) or the BBB, ect.. What is their Track Record w/ these organizations? Generally a quality contractor who is a student of their Industry will provide you a happy experience and a better end result.
7. Attention to DetailIt starts with an accurate and complete proposal and scope of work to be done. The attention to detail that one provides to you with the proposal will be some indication as to the attention to detail you will receive with the Job.
8. The Right ProductsMake sure that the Products quoted are consistent with the expectations you have for the finishes and the life of the product. Wrong or Low-Quality Products will affect the price of the bid.
9. A Fair PriceIf you focus on a low number instead of the right number you may be setting yourself up for a bad experience. Make sure your Contractor uses established methods, time standards, or sq. ft. pricing to calculate your proposal.
10. A Fair Amount of TimeBe sure your contractor gives you an estimate as to how long the job will take. Applying appropriate estimating techniques should allow any Contractor to give you a reasonably accurate time frame.
STELLAR PAINTING AND REMODELING
FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED.
STELLAR JOB FROM START TO FINISH!
2007 BBB Gold Star Award Recipient
2007 Angies List Super Service Award Recipient
Denver Chamber 2008 Finalist- Emerging Business of the Year
BBB Nominated for 2008 Torch Award
Endorsed by Tom Martino Troubleshooter Network
95+ % Rating of Excellent on Post Job Surveys
Serving the Areas of Denver, Boulder, Highland Ranch, Lone Tree, Centennial, Littleton, Lakewood, Greenwood Village, Parker, Arvada, Golden, Westminster, Thornton, North Glen, Castle Rock